The first steps you take immediately after a car accident can dramatically affect your path toward recovery and compensation. If you have been involved in any type of motor vehicle accident, we recommend you take the following steps right away:
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver. Do not, however, discuss who was at fault for what happened.
- Call the police. It is important to have an official report of the accident.
- Take your own photos and notes. The police report may be incomplete. Take photos of the vehicles involved, the scene of the incident, and any damage or injury you notice.
- Seek medical attention, even if you’re not sure you are hurt. The full extent of your injuries may not be apparent right away. Whiplash and other injuries may not show up immediately after a car crash.
- Call a lawyer before you discuss the accident with an insurance company.
Your Advocate In Obtaining Maximum Compensation
As the victim of a serious car accident, you can rely on the guidance of Donner Applewhite Attorneys at Law. Don’t call your insurance company. Instead, let their firm file a claim on your behalf and walk you through the steps to take after a car accident. Our attorneys understand that the small details of your case matter in obtaining maximum compensation.
While our firm is focused on maximizing your recovery, insurance companies are often more worried about their bottom line and will try to minimize the damage of your claim in order to limit their payout.
Turning The Small Details Into A Strong Case
From filing your claim to investigating your accident, the lawyers at Donner Applewhite Attorneys at Law will do everything within their power to present a strong case for you. Our experience and attention to detail has helped us shape personalized and effective legal strategies for serious injury victims, and we are ready to do the same for you. Work with an attorney who will discuss your claim personally and directly.
Get Help After A Car Wreck Today
There’s no obligation after your free consultation, and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.